Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Wife in Training

My wife always finds some way to brighten my day. In most cases, it usually occurs when she says something absolutely random. A friend of mine is a residential and commercial landscaper and he is in the process of shaping up our yard. He has a "tractor", which happened to spend the night in the backyard with Mon-roe, that is nearly identical to the attached picture. After Patrick left for the evening, Ava had an idea that she wanted me to take a picture of her sitting in the seat of the "bulldozer" while she was wearing her red cotton logo t-shirt so she could put it on the blog. Well, babe, it made it on the blog, but not exactly how you wished. I know that Bateville isn't considered to be in the Delta (strangely enough, North Delta Academy happens to be located there), but I thought it was close enough for her to be able to positively identify a tractor. That's what you get for assumptions. Granted, she is a lovely front yard farmer, but it is going to take a little more work than I originally anticipated to transform her in to that of a cotton farmer. I guess a few more gin shows and she'll have it down.

2 comments:

JEff said...

Ava, Walt can help you learn to identify ALL of the names of the heavy equipment.

Linda said...

Did Ava tell you that she has driven a John Deere?